I had a long dialogue with an Atheist here in PDF form. I did change the names of the participants for privacy reasons. The conversation started with a post from a friend of mine that turned into an interesting dialogue. I have kept all of the posts even the ‘Troll’ posts, to preserve the feel and flow of the conversation.
The conversation takes some time to get going, but, the bulk of the 23,000 plus words of the conversation is Sam’s objections to Christianity and his support for Atheism. Normally I would not take the time to try and address the numerous assertions he made. However, a number of people were interested and in asynchronous conversation more time can be spent addressing them.
Some interesting comments by Sam included
- Christianity barrowed from Paganism, implied is that this disproves Christianity
- Science and Religion are at odds (specific example of Galileo)
- He wants scientific evidence for God
- Christians are trying to force their beliefs on others
- The Bible is hopelessly corrupt
- Judeo-Christian ethnics are bad for society
- God should show Himself
- Free will is a myth
- America's Founding Fathers were Deists
I addressed all of these and others. If I did not refute his claims, I gave him at least an alternate explanations that should raise some doubts on his positions.
Click here for PDF